Sunday, June 14, 2009

Ok. I've posted nothing new in a long time. I am getting tired of the news, the spending and the political scene. I talked to David this weekend and I am in favor of the Government creating ONE new law. . . and it would be one sentence long.

"Each elected official will have placed after his name, party affiliation, and state, the number of years served in his/her current elected position shall be shown."

Example: US Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-UT (32)

Fun fact/side note/A.D.D. Moment -

Senator Hatch graduated from the University of Pittsburgh , J.D., in 1962. He hopped from firm to firm for the next 14 years. He was elected as a US Senator in 1977! 14 years as a lawyer is supposed to have prepared anyone to serve for 32 years as a Senator????

I am not bashing on Hatch. I am sure there are lots more just like him. People that went into "public office" decades ago and have never looked back!

Some may say that, "These guys have experience. They know how the game is played." My retort to that is, "Yes, but that is all they know. How to play the game." Running my country is NOT A GAME gentlemen!

With a 90% reelection rate for incumbent politicians (due mostly to: 1. huge cash reserves for reelection, 2. name recognition and 3. a very lazy public) I think knowing how long a guy has been in office might just give us a kick in the right direction.

Let me be clear - by kick in the right direction I mean - WIPE THE SLATE CLEAN! With a January 2009 Congressional approval rating of 11% (Rasmussen Poll) isn't it time?

Send anyone with more than 2 terms BACK TO WHERE THEY CAME FROM! Let them get a job. Or write their memoares. Or retire. They've had their shot and their 32 years of fame. Time to go!

All in FAVOR - Say "Aye"

***** Can anyone find a list of Senators/Representatives and how long each has served? ***** I've looked with not luck!

No comments: